Carlos Perez-Mitchell, MD
Medical Director, Head and Neck Surgical Oncology at Memorial Healthcare System
I am an expert in transoral robotic surgery, and treat patients with cancer of the mouth, throat and voice box, as well as other illnesses within the skull base, head and neck.
I pursued a career in medicine after my father's illness and death, when I experienced firsthand the impact a surgeon could have on patients and their families. I decided then to become a doctor who supported patients both inside and out of the operating room. I am known for treating patients as family and maintain an open door policy that allows me to work closely with patients as they undergo treatment.
I graduated with honors from Ponce Medical School in Puerto Rico in 2001 and completed specialty training in Otolaryngology at University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine. I was dual fellowship trained in head and neck oncology from University of Pennsylvania and Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons.
In 2010, I became the first formally trained fellow in transoral robotic surgery at the University of Pennsylvania Health System – the first of its kind after the FDA approved robotic surgery treatment of head and neck cancers. I performed the first transoral robotic surgery in Latin America in 2011.Related Medical Services
Meet Dr. Perez-Mitchell
- Ponce School Of Medicine, 2001
- University Of Puerto Rico, 2002
- University Of Puerto Rico, 2008
- Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 2009, Surgery
- University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine, 2010, Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery
- Who’s Who Among Students in American Colleges
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Association for Surgical Education Award
- American Society of Clinical Pathology Award
- American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- American Head and Neck Society
- North American Skull Base Society
- Puerto Rico College of Physicians and Surgeons