Michel Vulfovich, MD
Medical Director, Quality for Memorial Cancer Institute
Dr. Vulfovich currently practices at Memorial Cancer Institute's Sickle Cell Disease and Gynecology Oncology programs. He is also actively involved in the gastrointestinal oncology program.
He graduated with honors from Anahuac University School of Medicine in Mexico City and went on to complete his internship and residency in Internal Medicine at Emory University in Atlanta, where he earned the Resident Achievement Award. He continued his medical training in Hematology-Oncology at the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital.
Dr. Vulfovich is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology and Oncology. Currently, he is a member of the Society of Gynecology Oncology and American Society of Clinical Oncology. He is a Voluntary Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine at Florida International University, Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine in Miami.
He has received multiple awards from Vitals.com, including the Top 10 Doctor Award, Compassionate Doctor Recognition and Patient's Choice Award. He has been recognized as an Expert Network Distinguished Professional.
Dr. Vulfovich is fluent in Spanish.
Meet Dr. Vulfovich
- Anahuac University School Of Medicine, 2001
- Jackson Memorial Hospital, 2008, Oncology and Hematology
- Emory University, 2003, Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine-Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine-Medical Oncology
- Resident Achievement Award, Emory University
- Graduated with honors, Universidad Anahuac School of Medicine
- The William J. Harrington Medical Training Programs for Latin America, University of Miami School of Medicine
- Recognition of Academic Excellence, Universidad Anahuac School of Medicine
- Society of Gynecology Oncology
- Association of Community Cancer Centers
- International Society of Gastrointestinal Oncology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- National Hispanic Medical Association
- American Medical Association
- “Correlation of Epithclial Growth Factor Receptor Status and Clinical Response to Treatment with the Combination of Gemcitabine, Ozliplatin and Erbitux in Locally Advanced and Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer,” University of Miami School of Medicine
- “A Phase I Trial of Weekly and Every Three Weeks Ixabepilone and Sunitinib, an Oral VEGFR / PDGFR / Kit Inhibitor, In Solid Tumor Patients,” Pfizer and Bristol-Myers Squibb Pharmaceuticals
- “A Pilot Study of Gemcitabine, Oxaliplatin, Cetuximab for Locally Advanced or Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer,” poster presentation, GI ASCO, 2008