Memorial Regional Hospital Family Birthplace
The Dr. Henry D. Perry Family Birthplace at Memorial Regional Hospital is pleased to provide our families with a comfortable labor and delivery experience to welcome your newest little family member. We offer moms and babies a relaxing environment to enjoy those first few magical days together. Our skilled labor and delivery team is here to make your experience unforgettable, from labor to postpartum care and everything in between.
Once your little one has arrived, you both will be moved to one of our private postpartum suites with a TV, free WiFi, in-room dinette set, private bath and a sleeper sofa for your partner. We also have dedicated antepartum suites for our pregnant moms who require close monitoring.
Our hospital has:
- Private labor/delivery/recovery (LDR) suites
- OB operating rooms
- Postpartum recovery suites
- Cesarean section rooms
- Antepartum suites
- Level II and Level III NICU rooms
Hollywood, Florida 33021
Your Safety First. Always.
Learn how Memorial is working to keep you and your families safe during your visit to the hospital. Childbirth During COVID19.
Parking and Hospital Entrance
Delivering moms should use the Emergency Department entrance. For scheduled cesarean birth or inductions, please use the Outpatient Entrance from 5:30 am - 5 pm and the Emergency Department entrance outside of those hours. Valet services have been suspended at all hospitals.
Labor & Delivery & Post-Partum
One visitors per patient may be allowed within the facility with special guidance.
Private rooms: One (1) designated visitor for 1 hour only. Visiting hours are 12-2pm.
Semi-Private rooms: One (1) designated visitor for 1 hour only. Door Bed visiting hours are 12-1pm or 4:30pm-5:30pm | Window bed visiting hours are 1-2pm or 5:30-6:30pm
Online Maternity Education
Baby Classes Now Online
In order to keep you safe, our baby classes are now taught online by Memorial Family Birthplace educators. A limited number of classes are currently available, and most will be added to Eventbrite in the future.
You may register for any class, regardless of which Family Birthplace location you choose for the birth of your baby. Some of these classes are also offered in Spanish / Ciertas clases también se ofrecen en español.
Memorial Family Birthplace Pregnancy App
We encourage you to register for our free Memorial Family Birthplace Pregnancy App, an online pregnancy resource center designed to educate expectant moms about prenatal care, labor and delivery, breastfeeding, and postpartum care for you and your newborn.
Maternity Orientation at Memorial Regional Hospital Family Birthplace
Datasource: Regional virtual tour
Mothers-to-be and their partners are invited to register for a virtual maternity orientation of the Family Birthplace at Memorial Regional Hospital. Even simple questions like “where should we park?” and “what hospital doors should we come through?” are essential to know as you prepare for your little one’s arrival. These tours are designed to help answer questions on the ins and outs of labor and delivery.
You can also watch the virtual tour on this page to become more familiar with our amenities and what to expect during your stay.
Features and Services at the Family Birthplace
Our skilled team of doctors, anesthesiologists, nurses and lactation consultants all have one goal: to provide you and your baby with the best possible care. We are here to support, empower and encourage you to create the perfect environment to welcome your little one.
Our team is here to support immediate bonding between you and your baby. Regardless of cesarean or vaginal delivery, we encourage skin-to-skin contact with your baby immediately following birth.
If you plan to breastfeed your baby, we are here to help you get off to a successful start. Our nursing team is trained in lactation, meaning we are here to help you with positioning, latching or engorgement. MHM also offers on-site lactation consultants for comprehensive care for babies who need extra help latching and staying awake at the breast. Our goal is to help you feel encouraged and supported as you and your baby begin your breastfeeding journey.
Daily Discharge Orientation
Prior to being discharged, we offer moms nutritious take home meals and a brief orientation before you head home with your baby. This orientation is full of important going-home topics, including:
- Baby care
- Car seat safety
- How to care for circumcisions
- Mom postpartum care
- Warning signs of postpartum depression
Birth Certificate and Social Security Number
We offer assistance completing your baby's application for a birth certificate and SSN in both Spanish and English.
The Perry Family Birthplace at Memorial Regional Hospital offers comprehensive high-risk pregnancy care for mothers prior to their baby’s birth. You will be closely monitored by our skilled Maternal Fetal Medicine specialists (perinatologist) and antepartum nursing team to ensure you and baby are both doing well. In addition, Memorial Regional Hospital has a dedicated, 24/7 placenta accreta team.
The 84-bed Wasie NICU at Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital is a Level II and Level III NICU with advanced technical equipment and a highly trained staff. Our NICU is one of only 11 Regional Perinatal Intensive Care Centers in Florida. There is 24-hour in-house coverage by neonatology. Parents are encouraged to visit and care for their NICU baby as much as medically possible.
Neonatal Bereavement Support Group
If you've experienced the loss of a pregnancy or an infant, we have resources available to support you as you heal and cope with grief.
- Hotline: Please call our hotline for more information and support at 954-844-6916.
- Online Support Group: Visit Rachel's Gift to register to attend this free, online support group on Zoom every Thursday.
- In-person: Due to the pandemic, our in-person bereavement support group at Memorial Hospital Pembroke is temporarily on-hold.
Memorial's Mothers in Recovery (MIR) program helps expecting moms struggling with drugs and/or alcohol safely withdraw from substance abuse, and supports them in meeting their recovery goals.
Hospital Birth Cost
We want to give you the information you need to make healthcare decisions, including the costs of labor and delivery.
- Hospital Cost for Self-Pay Rates (Cost without insurance)
- Hospital Cost for Insured Rates (Cost based on your insurance plan)
OB Emergency Department
Our dedicated Obstetrical Emergency Departments have a board-certified OB/GYN hospitalist, 24 hours a day/7 days a week at each location. The hospitalist works with primary care OB/GYNs to provide immediate care and make decisions regarding hospital admissions and follow-up plans. In addition, we have on-site OB anesthesiologists, a maternal transport team and midwifery support.
Awards and Certifications
- Cribs for Kids National Safe Sleep Hospital Certification: Memorial Regional Hospital has been awarded the program’s highest designation, Gold Safe Sleep Champion, for its commitment to best practices and education on infant safe sleep. To learn what a safe sleep environment looks like for your newborn baby, please download the Safe to Sleep brochure. You can also refer to the Safe Sleep Recommendations from the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Designated Regional Perinatal Intensive Care Centers (RIPCC) with the Florida Health Department. These centers provide obstetrical services to women who have a high-risk pregnancy and care for newborns with special health needs, such as critical illness or low birth weight.
- Camera and memory card
- Confirm insurance coverage or self-pay options
- Contact information for your baby’s pediatrician
- Comfortable going-home outfits for baby and mom
- Infant car seat installed correctly
- Light blanket
- Phones and device chargers