Cancer Nutrition Counseling
Good nutrition in cancer care is essential but not always easy to accomplish. Taking in the right nutrients can help the body heal, avoid infection and prevent cancer recurrence.
Registered dietitians at Memorial Cancer Institute in South Florida, are experts in nutrition for cancer patients. They provide personalized nutrition counseling at each stage of your cancer journey.
Our patients receive nutrition services and can attend classes at no cost.
Cancer Diet Support from Diagnosis through Survivorship
Eating during cancer treatment is sometimes difficult due to side effects, including:
- Changes in taste and smell
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Difficulty chewing or swallowing
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Mouth sores
- Nausea and vomiting
- Weight changes
Our registered dietitians can help you plan an optimal diet and teach you how to use nutrition to cope with cancer treatment side effects.
Nutrition for Cancer Side Effects and Healing
To help ease side effects and boost your strength for healing, our registered dietitians listen to your needs and preferences and work with your care team to:
- Create a cancer diet plan and modify it as your needs change.
- Determine the best way for you to receive nutrients if your condition requires a feeding tube.
- Educate you about the benefits of healthy eating and how it can fit into your lifestyle.
- Find the best way to supplement your diet with calories, protein, and nutrients your body needs to stay well and nourished.
Healthy Eating Classes for Cancer Patients and Families
Our Healthy Eating classes are popular with patients, families and caregivers because we feature new, fun and easy ways to enjoy healthy food. We share information about:
- Culinary techniques
- New foods to try and easy ways to prepare them
- Simple recipes for delicious and healthy meals
Classes are available virtually now in Spanish and English.
- Call us at 954-265-4325 (HEAL) to obtain the login information.
- Complimentary for Memorial Cancer Institute patients and caregiver/family.
Call 954-265-4325 (HEAL) to speak with an oncology dietitian at Memorial Cancer Institute in South Florida. Complimentary telehealth visits are available.
Memorial Regional Hospital
1150 N. 35th Avenue, Suite 270
Hollywood, FL 33021
Memorial Hospital West
801 N. Flamingo Road
Pembroke Pines, FL 33028