At Memorial Healthcare System in South Florida, our experienced surgeons routinely treat patients with pancreatic tumors using minimally invasive techniques. Because we understand the impact of a pancreatic cancer diagnosis, we also offer extensive cancer support services to help you and your family manage the treatment and recovery process.
How We Care for Pancreatic Cancer at Memorial
- Exceptional care, small community feel: Our community-based cancer care program offers many of the same treatment options as larger teaching hospitals but much closer to home. We get to know you personally, and you can reach us anytime with questions or concerns.
- Experience: Memorial Regional Hospital and Memorial Hospital West are both recognized as high-volume pancreatic surgical centers. Together, our physicians have decades of experience treating different types of GI cancers and share a commitment to excellence in pancreatic cancer care.
- Surgical precision: Our surgeons are experienced in minimally invasive techniques to treat pancreatic cancer. Their laparoscopic and robotic surgical approaches to pancreatic tumors allow many patients to more quickly recover and receive any additional treatments.
- High-risk screening programs: Pancreatic cancer sometimes runs in families. Memorial offers specialized pancreatic cancer screening services to help detect and monitor people at high risk for cancer. Learn more about colonoscopy and other GI cancer screenings.
- Team mindset: Our multidisciplinary team includes medical oncologists, surgeons, radiation oncologists and pathologists who collaborate to ensure the best chance of success.
- Access to clinical trials: Our physicians work with research experts and institutions nationwide, such as the National Cancer Institute, to find new ways of more effectively diagnosing and treating cancer.
- Wide-ranging support: Our patient navigator will be your personal guide to the cancer treatment process. From scheduling appointments to managing treatment side effects, their job is to handle the logistics and provide support for you and your loved ones. We also connect you with resources that offer additional assistance, including PanCAN (the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network) and the Lustgarten Foundation. Learn more about support services for cancer patients.
- Care for your whole health: Our team of genetic counselors, psychologists, integrative medicine specialists and palliative care professionals stand ready to support you in the treatment process. We will help you manage difficulties such as treatment side effects, prioritizing your comfort and quality of life.
Our Comprehensive Pancreatic Cancer Treatments
If you’ve been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, our cancer specialists will discuss your treatment options with you. The right treatment path for you will depend on your personal goals as well as each treatment’s benefits, risks and side effects.
Treatment options for pancreatic cancer depend on the cancer stage, location and how far the cancer has spread. Your physician may recommend surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation (or some combination of these therapies) for your treatment plan. Our goal is always to design a treatment path that offers hope while giving you the best chance at a positive outcome.
Learn more about gastrointestinal and colon cancer treatments.
To schedule an appointment or learn more about pancreatic cancer care, call 954-265-9520 for surgical oncology, or 954-265-4325 to speak to a Memorial Cancer Institute patient navigator.