Lung Cancer Screening
Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer death among both men and women. A low-dose CT scan (CAT scan) is one way to find the cancer in its earliest stages while it is still treatable.
Call 954-276-5500 to schedule a lung cancer screening today for $99*.
Datasource: Lung Screening and Dr Block
Eligibility for Lung Cancer Screening
If you are 55-77 years old, you are eligible for lung cancer screening if you:
- Currently smoke or quit smoking within the last 15 years
- Have a 30 pack-year smoking history (i.e., one pack per day x 30 years, or its equivalent)
- Are in generally good health so you can receive treatment, if needed
If you are 50+ years old, you are eligible for lung cancer screening if you:
- Have a 20 pack-year smoking history (i.e., one pack per day x 20 years, or its equivalent)
- Have one of the following:
- History of lung disease
- Family history of lung cancer
- Radon exposure or other occupational exposure to known cancer-causing chemicals
If you aren't eligible for lung cancer screening but want to discuss your risk for lung cancer, please call 954-265-4325.
We offer lung cancer screenings at the following locations in Broward County:
- Memorial Regional Hospital
3501 Johnson Street
- Memorial Hospital Miramar
1901 SW 172 Ave
- Memorial Hospital West
703 North Flamingo Road
Pembroke Pines, FL
- Memorial Hospital Pembroke
7800 Sheridan Street
Pembroke Pines, FL
Each location is designated by the American College of Radiology as a Lung Cancer Screening Center.
Why Get Screened at Memorial
Datasource: David's lung cancer story
- Easy access to appointments at one of our three locations in Broward County
- The CT scan is painless and takes less than 10 minutes to complete
- Our dedicated patient navigator and nurse practitioner are available to answer questions and offer support after the scan
Smoking Cessation Classes
If you currently smoke and are interested in quitting, learn more about Broward County's free smoking cessation classes or NOVA Southeastern University's Smoking Cessation program.
*Valid through December 31, 2020. Check with your insurer to find out if your health plan covers the copay and/or deductible for a CT lung cancer screening. If insurance or other healthcare payor does not cover the CT lung screening or does not apply, then you can have this procedure at the $99 rate. Payment must be made in advance. Price includes the performance and interpretation of the exam. Patients must have a prescription for the procedure. The invoiced amount may constitute a net discount. If patient is a Medicare or other federal healthcare program beneficiary, patient may be obligated to report this discount to the program upon request. The patient and any other person responsible for payment has the right to refuse to pay, cancel payment or be reimbursed for payment for any other service, examination, or treatment that is performed as a result of and within 72 hours of responding to this advertisement for the free, discounted fee, or reduced fee service, examination, or treatment. Other conditions may apply.