Our hospital-based Fitness Centers include a team of experienced physiologists (exercise doctors), therapists, dietitians and certified exercise instructors with expertise in rehabilitating patients with the following conditions:
- Heart disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Post surgery
We also offer prevention programs for those who are at risk for certain health conditions, including high blood pressure, obesity and more.
Cancer Recovery Program
In collaboration with Memorial Cancer Institute, our Cancer Recovery Program is designed for cancer patients who are at the end of their treatment phase, and ready for an exercise program to be able to return to their normal activities. Participation includes a free three-month membership to Memorial Fitness Centers. A physician’s referral is required.
What to Expect
The Cancer Recovery Program kicks off with a group welcome session where you’ll meet your recovery team. During the session, you will:
- Schedule a one-on-one consultation with a registered dietitian
- Sign up for a group orientation with an exercise physiologist
- Learn about exercise routines and the importance of restful recovery
- Learn about nutrition
- Discuss stress reduction techniques
- Discover group fitness classes to improve your fitness level and condition
- Interact with and gain support from other cancer survivors
The Cancer Recovery Program is available at both Fitness Center locations.
Important: There is an application process and a physician’s referral is required.
Please call 954-265-5800 for more information.
Support Our Scholarship Program
The free, three-month membership is provided by a scholarship from the Cancer Recovery Scholarship Program and sponsored by the Memorial Foundation. You can give back to the scholarship program to help others benefit from the hope and healing we provide. We appreciate any individual or corporate donation.
Please call 954-265-3454 for more information.
Datasource: Cardiac rehab program
Our Phase II (outpatient) Cardiac Rehabilitation assists you and your family in the physical and emotional recovery following a heart event, like a heart attack or heart surgery. It continues your Phase I (hospital) Cardiac Rehabilitation.
What to Expect
The outpatient Cardiac Rehab program includes individual and group education sessions, stress management classes and exercise sessions. You’ll receive:
- Comprehensive, progressive, individualized workout routines
- Pre- and post-workout assessment of vital signs and symptoms
- Continuous monitoring during exercise sessions
- Ongoing blood pressure and heart rate assessments during exercise sessions
- Physician, registered nurse and clinical exercise physiologist attend each exercise session
- Education and support
- Regular progress reporting to your referring physician
Phase II Cardiac Rehabilitation is available at both Fitness Center locations. A physician referral is required.
The program is typically covered by insurance.
Bariatrics Fitness Program
If you are part of our bariatric weight loss program, you are eligible to receive a free three-month membership at our Fitness Centers. Our hospital-based Fitness Centers provide a welcoming atmosphere and highly trained, experienced staff to help you reach your fitness goals safely.
Ask your doctor or clinician for your certificate for this special offer.