Inpatient Services & Programs
We have created a safe and therapeutic environment at Memorial Regional Hospital for those who need immediate inpatient psychiatric treatment. If you or a loved one (adult, child or adolescent) is experiencing a mental health or substance abuse crisis, we're here to help. Our psychiatric services include evaluation, stabilization and evidence-based treatment.
For more information, call 954-265-6310.
If you are experiencing a psychiatric emergency, call 911 or visit the psychiatric emergency room.
Our Inpatient Services
Our inpatient unit at Memorial Regional Hospital has 51 beds for adults. The unit is designed to provide crisis stabilization and treatment in a safe environment.
Services we offer include:
- Crisis support and intervention
- Psychiatric evaluations
- Psychiatric treatment
- Psychiatric stabilization
- Biopsychosocial assessments
- Lethality assessments
- Mental health status exams
- Substance abuse treatment
- Therapeutic services (individual, family and group therapy)
- Parent education groups
- Discharge planning for next level of care
Patients typically stay less than a week but the psychiatrist will determine when the patient is discharged.
Visiting a Patient
Monday-Sunday: 1:30pm-2:30pm and 7:45pm-8:45pm
- Please check with staff about what items can be brought into the unit. We encourage visitors to leave belongings at home because there is limited storage in the lobby.
- Visitors and belongings are subject to search.
- We welcome children age 14 and older who are accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Adult visitors are required to bring a photo ID.
Our Commitment to Safety
All of our inpatient behavioral health programs participate in reporting data outcomes through the Joint Commission. We also report core performance measures through the Hospital-Based Inpatient Psychiatric Services (HBIPS). The HBIPS core measure initiative, part of the Joint Commission accreditation process, is a major national leadership effort to improve quality, safety and performance of hospital-based inpatient psychiatric services.