Parkinson's Disease Therapy
It’s common for people with Parkinson’s Disease to experience changes in how they communicate and move their body. If you can identify with any of the following statements, LSVT LOUD® and LSVT BIG® may be right for you. Call 954-518-5800 to schedule an appointment.
- I am often asked to repeat myself or speak louder because I can’t be heard.
- I feel like people can’t understand what I’m saying.
- I feel unbalanced when I walk and do my daily activities because I shuffle my feet.
- I have difficulty performing daily activities, such as getting in and out of the bed or car, daily chores, and moving in general.
Our team of speech and physical therapists have been certified by LSVT Global, Inc. to provide treatment for individuals with speech and movement disorders related to Parkinson’s Disease and other neurological conditions using the LSVT LOUD® and LSVT BIG® treatment programs.
What do I need to get started?
- A prescription from your physician
What is LSVT LOUD?
LSVT LOUD is the first evidence-based, speech therapy program for people with Parkinson’s Disease. Research studies indicate that LSVT LOUD can help improve:
- Vocal loudness
- Speech quality
- Facial expressions
What is LSVT BIG?
LSVT BIG is research-based, physical therapy program for people with Parkinson’s Disease. Research studies have documented that LSVT BIG can help improve:
- Walking mobility (i.e., faster walking with bigger steps)
- Trunk rotation
How much time do I have to commit?
A strong commitment to LSVT LOUD and LSVT BIG is necessary to achieve the desired outcomes of both programs.
- 16 individual, consecutive sessions: 1-hour, four days a week, for four weeks
- Study guide for daily homework practice
- Daily carryover exercise to perform at home
LSVT LOUD and LSVT BIG are part of a variety of rehabilitation services offered at the following three Memorial Rehabilitation Institute outpatient locations:
Memorial Hospital Miramar
1951 SW 172 Avenue
Miramar, FL 33029
Memorial Hospital West Fitness and Rehabilitation Center
703 North Flamingo Road
Pembroke Pines, FL 33028
Memorial Regional Hospital South
300 Hollywood Way
Hollywood, FL 33021