Memorial MyChart Telehealth
How does Memorial MyChart Telehealth work?
Datasource: How telehealth through MyChart works
Memorial MyChart Telehealth allows you to have an appointment with your Memorial medical provider through a secure video link via the MyChart App or desktop portal. You can request or be scheduled a video appointment for:
- Follow ups to a procedure or new medication
- Reviewing lab results
- Talking to support services
- Non-emergency or minor medical concerns
What do I need for my Memorial MyChart Telehealth appointment?
For your video appointment you will need:
- A smart phone, tablet or computer with video and audio capabilities (please check if your device is charged before the appointment)
- An appointment link (emailed or available in your MyChart app)
- A quiet and private place to talk
- WiFi access (video appointments require a good internet connection)
- MyChart access. You can access MyChart through the portal at MyChart.MHS.net, or through the MyChart app
How do I start my Memorial MyChart Telehealth appointment?
About 15-minutes before your appointment, you should:
- Access MyChart portal or app
- On your mobile, go to the MyChart app and click on the appointment icon
- Or on your computer log in to the Memorial MyChart portal at MyChart.MHS.net and go to Visit > Office and Hospital Visits
- eCheck-in: Follow the steps to review, update and e-sign
- Confirm appointment and test video
- If you are on a computer you may be prompted to install a browser extension to connect to your camera for the appointment
- Begin visit
How do I cancel or reschedule my Memorial MyChart Telehealth appointment?
To cancel or reschedule your telehealth appointment, please call your doctor’s office or cancel through Memorial MyChart.
What if I don't have a Memorial MyChart account?
If you don’t have a Memorial MyChart account, please ask your provider for a code or visit MyChart.MHS.net and click SIGN UP NOW.